Ottawa Arts Council Mid-Career Artist Award
The 2017 nominations are closed
The Mid-Career Artist Award is sponsored by GGFL Chartered Professional Accountants and Mann & Partners, LLP. The recipient will receive a $5,000 award, two other finalists will receive $1,000 awards.
The Mid-Career Artist Award was established to recognize and encourage the achievements of Ottawa artists who have evolved beyond the emerging stage in their career to become recognized professional working artists contributing to the community.
2016 Recipient of the Ottawa Arts Council Mid-Career Artist Award
Guidelines for Eligibility
Recipients for this award must:
- Be in the mid-career stage of their career, typically this is 9 to 18 years of professional practice.
- Be nominated by an individual or group (nominators may not nominate more than one individual per category per year).
- Have lived in the National Capital Region (defined as 75km from Parliament Hill), for the previous three years.
- Be involved in Ottawa’s professional arts community and work as a professional artist.
- Be recognized as a mid-career artist as evidenced by their body of work.
- Have received public exposure where selection was carried out by an objective, arm’s length body.
- Not have previously received this award.
- Not have been shortlisted for this award in the previous year.
- Not currently be enrolled in fulltime training.
- The nominee fully meets the eligibility criteria.
- The nominee is clearly recognized as having developed beyond the emerging stage of their career.
- The nomination is based on the value of the nominee’s body of work. Greater weight will be given to the recipient’s achievements and activities that have taken place in the last three years.
- The nomination demonstrates community involvement of the nominee.
The award recipient will be required to submit a brief report six months following the presentation to share how his/her work has been impacted.
An individual, collective, or arts organization may nominate a candidate by filling out the appropriate forms, preparing a letter of nomination, organizing letters of support and collecting/submitting support materials.
- Applications must be received by February 15, 2017
- Applications must be submitted via WeTransfer.com
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
Deadline for nominations: February 15, 2017
Shortlist Announcement: March 30, 2017
Awards Presentation: May 9, 2017