Project X, Photography Fund
Deadline for applications: March 10, 2017
The Project X, Photography Fund award can help defray the costs associated in any part of the production including: studio time, travel costs, hired assistance, equipment rental or any other production costs.
The Ottawa Arts Council and the former Festival X partnered to establish Project X, Photography Fund to promote and foster photographic excellence in Ottawa. This award provides $1000 to help produce an Ottawa area artist’s photo-based project and its presentation. The award can help defray the costs associated in any part of the production including but not limited to: studio time, travel costs, hired assistance, equipment rental or any other production costs.
Inaugurated in 2015, Project X, Photography Fund is a limited fund that will continue until 2020.
The submissions are assessed by a jury of peers in the photographic field and their decision is final.
The Project X, Photography Fund 2016 recipient
Jamie Kronick will use the proceeds of this award towards a limited edition of books and an exhibition in Fall/Winter 2016 at Exposure Gallery. This work will be based on his photography whilst touring with a band, playing 83 shows in 108 days, spanning across 9 countries.
Recipients for this award must:
- Have lived National Capital Region (defined as 75km from Parliament Hill) for the previous three years
- Not have previously received this award
- Not currently be enrolled in fulltime training
- In addition, the proposal must:
- Be presented in Ottawa upon completion
- Apply to the research, development, creation, and/or presentation phases of the project
- Not be completed prior to receiving the funds
- The project fully meets the eligibility criteria
- Value and merit of the proposed project
- Qualified statement of need is expressed
The award recipient will be required to submit a brief report six months following the presentation to share how his/her work has been impacted.
- An individual or collective may apply for the award by submitting support material and fully completing application forms.
- Applications must be submitted via WeTransfer.com
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- Deadline for applications: March 10, 2017
- Awards Presentation: May 9, 2017