Young Artist Award
Deadline for applications: March 10, 2017
The Young Artist Award is a project-based, mentorship-driven youth arts award established for the recognition and encouragement of young Ottawa-based artists, ages 14 – 17 years old, demonstrating exceptional potential and a commitment to excellence in any art form. The award recipients will receive funding in support of the creation and presentation of a proposed arts project. In addition, the Young Artist Award will provide mentorship support by pairing the award recipient with an established and qualified Ottawa-based artist working in the same field.
2017 marks the inaugural presentation of the Young Artist Award. In April of 2017 the first two YAA recipients will be announced at the Ottawa Arts Council Awards presentation on May 9, 2017.
Recipients for this award must:
- Be between the ages of 14-17 at the time of application
- Have lived in the National Capital Region (defined as 75km from Parliament Hill) for the last two years
- Have demonstrated a prior commitment to the art form related to the proposed project
- Not have previously received this award
- Provide a letter of support from someone above the age of majority, such as a parent, guardian, teacher, mentor, or other
The proposal may not be for a commissioned work or a project that is completed prior to receiving the funds.
- The applicant fully meets the eligibility criteria
- Originality and creativity of the proposal
- Quality and potential of the work as documented in the support material
- Potential impact of the project on the artist’s development
- Potential audience impact
- Project viability in terms of timeline and budget
Award recipients will be required to submit a brief report outlining the award experience within six months following the presentation of their project.
An individual, collective, or arts organization may nominate a candidate by filling out the appropriate forms, preparing a letter of nomination, organizing letters of support and collecting/submitting support materials.
- Applications must be submitted via WeTransfer.com
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- Deadline for nominations: March 10, 2017
- Awards Presentation: May 9, 2017